- Login to https://developer.android.com/
- In the menu bar, click Build > Generate Signed APK.
- Select the module you would like to release from the drop down, and click Next.
If you already have a keystore, go to step 5. If you want to create a new keystore, click Create new.
On the New Key Store window, provide the following information for your keystore and key.
- Key store path: Select the location where your keystore should be created.
- Password: Create and confirm a secure password for your keystore.
- Alias: Enter an identifying name for your key.
- Password: Create and confirm a secure password for your key.
- Validity : Set the length of time in years that your key will be valid.
- Certificate: Enter some information about yourself for your certificate.
On the Generate Signed APK Wizard window, select a keystore, a private key, and enter the passwords for both. Then click Next.
Select a destination for the signed APK, select the build type, choose the product flavor, and click Finish.
Configure the build process to automatically sign your APK
- In the Project window, right click on your app and click Open Module Settings.
- On the Project Structure window, under Modules in the left panel, click the module you would like to sign.
- Click the Signing tab, then click Add .
Select your keystore file, enter a name for this signing configuration and enter the required information.
- Click the Build Types tab.
- Click the release build.
Under Signing Config, select the signing configuration you just created.
- Click OK.